Gieng Vooc cave is situated in the ecological restoration of Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park – central Vietnam.Though the cave is pretty short in length, it owns dozens of stunning rock formations come in various types of shapes: straws, stalactites, stalagmites, pillars, cave shawl, cave shields. Gieng Vooc cave is pretty short in length through, is has dozens of stunning rock formations that are in various types of shapes and crytal clear lakes. This tour is suitable if you are looking for a cave tour in the area to get a taste of nature, privacy and cave exploring at the same time without being pushed and doing a long trek in the jungle.
What to Expect:
4 km jungle and mountain trekking
500m swim inside the cave
08:30 – 08:45: Pick up guests from accommodation
09:10 – 09:40: Transfer guests to Mooc spring parking while tour guide informs guests of the tour itinerary.
09:40 – 10:30: Take a short but quite steep trek up the mountain to get to an amazing viewpoint.
10:30 – 11:00: Relax and have snacks at the viewpoint
11:00 – 11:20: Keep trekking to the cave
11:20 – 12:30: Exploring Gieng Vooc cave
12:30 – 13:30: Walk to the base-camp and enjoy BBQ lunch.
13:30 – 15:00: Exploring Gio cave and Chay waterfall
16:00: Drop off guests at accommodation.
What to bring:
- 1 long pants (quick dry)
- 1 long sleeved shirt (quick dry)
- Trekking shoes
- Towel (not the hotels)
- Personal items: swimwear, mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, socks, change of clothes (optional).
- Tour guide and safety assistant guide
- Porter team
- Snacks, lunch (vegetarian/vegan available) and drinks
- Helmet, gloves, headlight and life jacket
- First Aid Kit
- Entrance and environmental fees
- Trekking shoes available on request